Echo Origin is looking to hire a full time consultant. We are building a team of motivated individuals who want to make an impact for our clients in the public and private sectors.
We are a small firm on the verge of big things and we are looking for experienced candidates who are excited about the opportunity to grow with our firm. A unique combination of web development and media studio with a management consulting firm, we strive to bring creative strategic solutions that resonate.
Who we need…
A talented consultant with the ability to support project management and workforce assessment activities. The goals for this project are to:
- Build a foundation for changing the culture of the workforce and mature the disciplined use of project management methods and reporting
- Develop Work Breakdown Structures and related project schedules for current and future work items aligned to the organization’s short and long-term goals
- Define workforce needs in terms of skills/ professional development and additional personnel over the next 3-5 years
- Recommend opportunities for operational process efficiency and project management process improvements across the portfolio
Responsibilities: Winning candidate shall support tasks to include, but not be limited to:
- Inventorying critical functions, services delivered in support the organization’s mission.
- Decomposing work into the milestones and their key deliverables or tasks needed to create it. These deliverables can be an object, a service, or an activity.
- Assessing the critical functions and activities the organization performs; perform process analyses for operations and project management methods. Identify ‘hidden, non-value add work’ that create burden and inefficiencies.
- Identifying ‘hidden, non-value add work’ that create burden and inefficiencies.
- Developing work breakdown structures (WBS) for each program or project that have defined start/end milestones to include schedule and resources, cost estimates.
- Conducting process analyses for operational functions related to key programs and support services.
- Determining risks and related mitigations for the WBS.
- Utilizing industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitoring progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measuring project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Predicting resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Developing and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Providing project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-8 years of project management and related experience
- Project Scheduling experience required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Strong critical thinking ability
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent skill in Project Management software and tools
- Able to multitask, coordinate multiple projects and meet short timelines/deadlines
Undergraduate or Graduate degree in field related to Information Technology or Business
Full-time employment with benefits; minimum of 40 hours per week
Salary is commensurate with experience
Job Location: remote due to COVID-19
Applicant Eligibility: Please note, only candidates who are US citizens or able to work on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship are eligible to apply. No recruiters or staffing agencies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.