Description of Responsibilities:
Echo Origin is currently seeking a Cloud Engineer to support our federal client’s Cloud operation team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology with good understanding of their applicability to business, a relentless focus on the customer experience and an ability to multitask, assimilate data, make decisions and prioritize complex work while paying attention to the details will be critical to your success. As a member of the Cloud operations team you will be directly responsible for the successful support and operations of our customers’ Microsoft and Linux-based solutions built on the AWS cloud. Communication with customers, vendors and co-workers in a clear and professional manner is an absolute must. Candidates must be willing and able to learn new tools and technologies in support of a very diverse set of customers. The Cloud Systems Administrator will use system analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications. US Citizenship is required.
- Working closely with customers and other team members to troubleshoot complex customer issues and document solutions.
- Management and operation of AWS, Microsoft and other public and private Cloud technologies
- Performing tasks related to risk management and security compliance including vulnerability scanning, Software, OS, Database and application patching and upgrades, measured against SLAs.
- Clearly communicate current status in an effective and professional manner.
- Completing data backup and restore tasks
- Managing assigned tickets to ensure SLA compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Providing root-cause analysis, contributes to knowledge base, and provide recommendations for continuous improvements to workflow, process, and technology.
- Experience and understanding with Cloud and Virtualization technologies
- Understanding of operating systems including, but not limited to:
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012
- Red Hat Linux / CentOS Linux
- Understanding of various network services such as DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSL and SSH.
- Experience supporting one or all of the following:
- Server Virtualization technology such as VMware, KVM or Hyper-V
- Enterprise Systems – Exchange, Active Directory, ICAM
- Strong experience with SQL, MySQL and NoSQL
- Experience with highly available and high-performance open source web technologies
- A working understanding of code and script (Python, PHP, Windows PowerShell)
- Understanding of ITIL processes including Service Desk, Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management
- Experienced working with environments with a heavy security focus
- Experience applying written and verbal communication skills effectively to include the following:
- Analytic, Organization, and Customer Service Skills
- Problem solving skills; the ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and support 24/7/365 environments
- Candidates must be a US Citizen – Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Minimum three years AWS production support or solution engineering experience
- 10 years of Systems Administration experience supporting enterprise datacenter /cloud solutions
- Related technology certification preferred
- AWS Solution Architect/SysOps,
- RHCE or MCSE, Server+, Network+, or Security+ certification