Echo Origin is looking to hire a full time consultant. We are building a team of motivated individuals who want to make an impact for our clients in the public and private sectors.
We are a small firm on the verge of big things and we are looking for experienced candidates who are excited about the opportunity to grow with our firm. A unique combination of web development and media studio with a management consulting firm, we strive to bring creative strategic solutions that resonate.
Who we need…
A talented consultant with the ability to support project management and workforce assessment activities. The goals for this project are to:
- Build a foundation for changing the culture of the workforce and mature the disciplined use of project management methods and reporting
- Develop Work Breakdown Structures and related project schedules for current and future work items aligned to the organization’s short and long-term goals
- Define workforce needs in terms of skills/ professional development and additional personnel over the next 3-5 years
- Recommend opportunities for operational process efficiency and project management process improvements across the portfolio
Responsibilities: Winning candidate shall support tasks to include, but not be limited to:
- Inventorying critical functions, services delivered in support the organization’s mission.
- Decomposing work into the milestones and their key deliverables or tasks needed to create it. These deliverables can be an object, a service, or an activity.
- Assessing the critical functions and activities the organization performs; perform process analyses for operations and project management methods. Identify ‘hidden, non-value add work’ that create burden and inefficiencies.
- Identifying ‘hidden, non-value add work’ that create burden and inefficiencies.
- Developing work breakdown structures (WBS) for each program or project that have defined start/end milestones to include schedule and resources, cost estimates.
- Conducting process analyses for operational functions related to key programs and support services.
- Determining risks and related mitigations for the WBS.
- Utilizing industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitoring progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measuring project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Predicting resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Developing and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Providing project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-8 years of project management and related experience
- Project Scheduling experience required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Strong critical thinking ability
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent skill in Project Management software and tools
- Able to multitask, coordinate multiple projects and meet short timelines/deadlines
Undergraduate or Graduate degree in field related to Information Technology or Business
Full-time employment with benefits; minimum of 40 hours per week
Salary is commensurate with experience
Job Location: remote due to COVID-19
Applicant Eligibility: Please note, only candidates who are US citizens or able to work on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship are eligible to apply. No recruiters or staffing agencies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Description of Responsibilities:
Echo Origin is currently seeking a Cloud Engineer to support our federal client’s Cloud operation team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology with good understanding of their applicability to business, a relentless focus on the customer experience and an ability to multitask, assimilate data, make decisions and prioritize complex work while paying attention to the details will be critical to your success. As a member of the Cloud operations team you will be directly responsible for the successful support and operations of our customers’ Microsoft and Linux-based solutions built on the AWS cloud. Communication with customers, vendors and co-workers in a clear and professional manner is an absolute must. Candidates must be willing and able to learn new tools and technologies in support of a very diverse set of customers. The Cloud Systems Administrator will use system analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications. US Citizenship is required.
- Working closely with customers and other team members to troubleshoot complex customer issues and document solutions.
- Management and operation of AWS, Microsoft and other public and private Cloud technologies
- Performing tasks related to risk management and security compliance including vulnerability scanning, Software, OS, Database and application patching and upgrades, measured against SLAs.
- Clearly communicate current status in an effective and professional manner.
- Completing data backup and restore tasks
- Managing assigned tickets to ensure SLA compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Providing root-cause analysis, contributes to knowledge base, and provide recommendations for continuous improvements to workflow, process, and technology.
- Experience and understanding with Cloud and Virtualization technologies
- Understanding of operating systems including, but not limited to:
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012
- Red Hat Linux / CentOS Linux
- Understanding of various network services such as DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSL and SSH.
- Experience supporting one or all of the following:
- Server Virtualization technology such as VMware, KVM or Hyper-V
- Enterprise Systems – Exchange, Active Directory, ICAM
- Strong experience with SQL, MySQL and NoSQL
- Experience with highly available and high-performance open source web technologies
- A working understanding of code and script (Python, PHP, Windows PowerShell)
- Understanding of ITIL processes including Service Desk, Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management
- Experienced working with environments with a heavy security focus
- Experience applying written and verbal communication skills effectively to include the following:
- Analytic, Organization, and Customer Service Skills
- Problem solving skills; the ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and support 24/7/365 environments
- Candidates must be a US Citizen – Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Minimum three years AWS production support or solution engineering experience
- 10 years of Systems Administration experience supporting enterprise datacenter /cloud solutions
- Related technology certification preferred
- AWS Solution Architect/SysOps,
- RHCE or MCSE, Server+, Network+, or Security+ certification